X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

the Unbearable Lightness of Being

The other night I decided I wanted to watch something that was smart and kinda sexy.
    I put in Criterion's Unbearable lightness of being.
    I'd seen this once, probably ten years ago, so really remembered nothing about it...I may not have even enjoyed it at that time. (I never bought it on LD)
    I will say, this is one great movie, it's not deep, and there's no moral message here. It's just a wonderful story of three people, and their relationship to each other, using the Russian invasion of the Czechoslovakian's capitol city as a back drop.
    Daniel Day Lewis is excellent as always, and the women in this movie...Juliette Binoche and Lena Olin, they are incredibly sexy, they radiate sensuality from beginning to end. Director Philip Kaufman got the most out of everyone involved in this fine movie. If you enjoy mature movies that deal with relationships I'd highly recommend this one.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"