X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Any comments on UNFAITHFUL ?

Lex mentioned he had watched this last night, so I thought I'd ask what others thought of this film. It was directed by Adrian Lyne and if you are familiar with his work you automatically either like or dislike. In the case of UNFAITHFUL, I actually liked. There is some excellent acting by both Gere and Diane Lane... especially Diane. Watch her on the commuter train as she recalls the intimate details of her first act of infidelity. Then watch Richard Gere as he slowly loses it during his encounter with his wife's lover. But what I liked most about this film is the fact that it didn't fall into the trap that most thrillers do. Instead, after the fatal act, Lyne continues to explore relationships, and that's what made this film a cut above the ordinary for me.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Yeah, it was a pretty good movie George. I wasn't real crazy about the ending. But a good job acting by both. Not sure I shoudl have bought this film, maybe a better renter. But I don't rent many films, I just buy what catches my eye.

Diane's pretty much a hottie huh?

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Diane a hottie ? Oh, yeah, she gets better with age.

As for the ending, how did you see it going ? My wife went for the happy ending, but I figured he gave himself up. Stopped at the street lights in front of a police station, and the car not moving after the lights turned green... well, that pretty much said it for me.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"