X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Ice Age

Rented this a few days ago. This movie/story is well written. It's story worked hard at showing the values of loyalty, committment.

The sound is very, very good. Very aggressive use of the surround channels. The picture is typical of what we have come to expect from Pixar.

All in all, more than worth seeing.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

This is one I've toyed with on purchasing as a family movie. I've read good reviews and bad reviews so I have mixed emotions about purchasing it.

Since we are short on family movies I am leaning towards getting it for our collection.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Robbie
      • Aug 2000

Scrat steals the show but I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the main plot was a little over the top though not bad. Remember it's a kids movie that adults can enjoy. The Scrat short is great too.

Worth buying IMO.

Robbie

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

"The picture is typical of what we have come to expect from Pixar. "

Are you comparing? You do know it's not one of theirs, right?

BB

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Sorry for not being more specific Brandon. You make a good point.

The film is a "FOX" release with video that rivals "Pixar's" work.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

I bought it for my 10 year old daughter and enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as Shrek and Monsters, Inc. The sound and vidieo quality are excellent, but the story line didn't quite do it for me personally. And, as a sub lover, nothing outdoes Monsters, Inc. All of this, of course, is just the way I reacted to the movie. I will say that I've kind of become spoiled by the animation being put out these days. It is outstanding.

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

An old geezer like me just loves these movies for kids that adults can enjoy.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Danbry39
                I will say that I've kind of become spoiled by the animation being put out these days. It is outstanding.
                It was interesting to see some of the commentary on the "Spirit" DVD. Katzenberg was talking about how with all this cutting edge CGI, old-style animation was suffering in popularity (Treasure Planet?).

On Spirit, they combined a lot of CGI in the form of 2D work meant to blend more naturally with the traditional hand animated stuff, to result in a look that, while still having the feel of hand drawn work, really upped the reaslism of the animation to where it compares favorably to things like Ice Age and MI.

I actually enjoyed this movie (Spirit) visually more than any of the other efforts out in the last year. Story-wise, I always think Pixar's stuff is tops though.

"Finding Nemo", their next, looks good too.

Anyone else have similar feelings about the animation?

BB

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

I have to agree with Brandon. I really like the Pixar stuff the best.

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"