X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I Need An Opinion From You

Columbia House sent me The Scorpion King by mistake. Is this worth keeping or should I send it back? The only thread I've found about it is over in the "At The Movies" forum and it was short - 3 posts - and unkind.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Did you like either of the Conan the Barbarian movies enough to keep them under the same circumstances? Or Beastmaster? If not, no. If yes (Tanya Roberts notwithstanding), then yeah. Although I would say all of those were slightly better (IMO).

I watched (neighbors had rented it and brought it over). It was pretty mediocre, I thought. Not especially bad in any way, but nothing standout about it either.

BB

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

David --

For some reason, the title of your thread reminded me of the old joke about the distraught woman who burst into the psychiatrist's office.

The lady exclaimed: "Doctor, please help me -- tell me what is wrong with me."

To which the doctor replied: "Lady, you are CRAZY."

She harrumphed: "WELL! I demand a second opinion."

To which the doctor said: "OK, you're ugly, too."

Burke

PS -- regarding whether or not to keep that particular DVD, I'm afraid you're on you own on that one. Might make a nice skeet target. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Tex, I had posted some comments here on The Scorpion King awhile back . Basically it's a pretty good action pic, but story and acting left a lot to be desired. I bought my copy and will probably watch it again some time, but I am not in any rush.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"