X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phuz
    • Jan 2003

RCC-1055 or RCD-1070??

I picked up an RCD-1070 earlier this week and I have to say I love it. But I can't help but wonder why not for the same price, go ahead and get the RCC-1055 5 disk changer? They both appear to have the same DACs, simmilar power supplies, and good Rotel build quality. The 1055 actually has an IR repeater and a few other features that the 1070 doesn't. So why not go with the 1055?

Does anyone have any experience with both of these units and is there any reason to choose one over the other? I'm probably going to take back the 1070 and get the 1055, unless someone can convince me otherwise?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I just joined. Hi.

==============
    -phuz

My Setup
    ==============
    -phuz
  • jaakan
    • Dec 2002

All things being equal 1070 has a better transport stage.

Comment

• phuz
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jaakan
      All things being equal 1070 has a better transport stage.
      Thanks. Can you explain how audible this difference is? Is this the reason for the difference in the S/N ratio and overall freq. response?

The 1055 tops out at 18khz, do many recordings even go that high?

Anything else that I should consider?

==============
      -phuz

My Setup
      ==============
      -phuz

Comment

• jaakan
        • Dec 2002

Iook here is what you need to look at
        1055 vs 1070
        THD + Noise 0.008% vs 0.0045%
        Power Consumption 15 vs 20watts
        Weight 12.6 vs 12.8

Because they both use the same Burr Brown DAC, see the Factors

1. the power supply can be a big factor with dynamic range. Ex: To get better blacks with Plasma Display add a good Line Cond... to maintain a good stable level of power.

2. most of the space in Multi-disc players is the big tray = less space for a better power supply and other things. More moving parts = less power for the DACs.

3. Multi-disc transports/player have a higher jitter levels simply due to how stable parts are inside the player and as a whole while the player is working. To make a Multi-disc = to a single-disc simply upgrade digital buffering/Clocking stage to lower the jitter level and add a better power supply and now you have just upped your total cost.

4.single disc is 12.8lbs because of the transformer and some anti-vib stuff. = Better power supply and lower jitter.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"