X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Spiderman audio...

Rented this over the weekend. I found the audio wanting, especially in the low end department. Did I have a bad disc or something ?

As for the film... well it was okay.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I haven't bought the disc yet so, can't comment on the audio at home. However, when I saw this film at the theater, I had the same feelings about it's sound.

Growing up on Spiderman, I too felt the movie could have been better from the writing aspect. With it being the "Pilot" so to speak, I tried to understand that a new generation was seeing it for the first time, in a much different era.Which may justify why it was written this way.

The CGI I thought was pretty good. Especially with Spidey not having perfect control of his body during the swinging scenes. Of course, some of the graphic work could have been better too. Like the "Green Goblin" himself.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I pretty much agree with your comments, John.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Audio certainly not exceptional. I saw it in a VERY crappy mall theater originally, so I can't comment on the theatrical sound, but the DVD is merely fair for me.

Here's a real goofy CGI fact for you. The knit ski mask Parker is wearing for the wrestling and later car chase, all the shots where he is chasing the criminal, the mask is CGI'ed onto Toby MacGuire's head. Bizarre. Only reason I can think is, when he's doing all the active stuff, they wanted to be sure the opening did not slip around and obscure his eyes or get out of whack.

I thought the movement animation on CGI spiderman was great. Really conveyed the feeling of comic frames.

BB

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

I noticed the audio (esp. LFE) was on the weak side but it was strong in the trailer, go figure... :roll:

At first I wasn't sure if my sub was working right but then I put the trailer on and Whoa Nellie! Yep it was working!

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
          My HT Site

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"