X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Toy Story Ultimate Box set problems.

In case you haven't checked your set yet, there are some sets where Toy Story 2 goes switches to the movie 'High Fidelity' at the layer change.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Here's some more detail from The Digital Bits:

One thing I did want to mention - I've heard back from Buena Vista regarding the problems with the Toy Story 2 disc. Apparently it's a problem that occurred at the replication stage, with Technicolor, and it only effects the version of the film that appears in The Ultimate Toy Box. Here's Technicolor's official statement on the matter:

"Technicolor has identified and is investigating a manufacturing defect in part of the Disney three-disc DVD set, "Ultimate Toy Box." The problem exists in only a small percentage of the three-disc DVD packages and is limited to a specific isolated region of the United States.

There has been NO defect identified with discs contained in the two-disc DVD "Toy Story Deluxe" sets.

The manufacturing defect has been identified as a content mix, affecting some of the Toy Story 2 DVDs from the "Ultimate Toy Box".

Technicolor will continue to investigate the cause of the defect and the magnitude of the problem. Further information will be provided as soon as it becomes available."

So it's apparently not Disney's fault, but a replication error. In any case, if you've got a problem disc, you can call Buena Vista's customer service number and they'll arrange a replacement - 1-800-723-4763.

Stay tuned...

Paul

Paul

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Very strange, it's my understanding that the actual movie discs are exactly the same, so I wonder why it's only the box set that has the problem, and not both.
      Just the same, I'm going to check my two disc set and see!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"