X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Death To Smoochy... well...

This is an awful waste of good talent. Robin Williams plays a corrupt children's show host who gets caught taking a bribe. Edward Norton plays a children's character called Smoochy, who takes over Williams' spot, and so Williams goes slightly mad and becomes obsessed with eliminating Smoochy. Some of the efforts reminded me of the WB Wiley Coyote cartoons. But all in all, I really didn't enjoy this one, even though it was directed by Danny Devito, whose work I have liked in the past ( War of The Roses, Hoffa).

Normally, I like dark comedy, but everyone seemed to be trying too hard in this one, and the end result was unsatisfying.

However, there was one redeeming quality to this film, and that was the transfer. The fleshtones are realistic, the colors pop off the screen, and the contrast was excellent. Dvd quality is getting awfully, awfully good these days.
    :15: for the movie and 4 for the transfer.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"