X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'm an action junkie...

I went and bought The Scorpion King and played it last night. Yeah, it's junk, but fun junk. No story, no acting, just action and boom boom boom. Get the popcorn out and check your brain at the door.

The Rock... this guy is just too much. He actually makes Arnold look good.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Rock... this guy is just too much. He actually makes Arnold look good.

George, is that "early" Ahnuld or the "later" Ahnuld? The later Ahnuld is occaisionally guilty of having some acting chops. Just check out End Of Days. There's a bit of depth there (a bit, mind you).

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Early Arnold. But to be honest, I preferred Arnold before he began to think of himself as an actor. But I guess he has to improve or lose opportunity. He is starting to get to that point where, at his age, he will not be considered for action films.

As for the Rock, what he does on film is probably the sames as he does in the ring: arch his eyebrow and look nasty.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'm an action junkie too! :LOL: I have the Scorpion King but have yet to watch it. I'll probably watch it tonight.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Enjoy the popcorn and let us have your take on the film, John.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

As I was returning "The Scorpion King" to the rental location, the manager asked my opinion of the film. I told him. He then went on to say how he thought that Hollywood, had big plans for the "Rock' to be the next action hero.

With that said, I found myself upset that this "legend" did not complete itself in this film. For the first time, I felt that they worked way to hard at building the character.

Now as far as action...Boo-yow! It was one of the coolest. It had that "Conan" feel but, with very unique action sequences. It was refreashing to see a ton of never before done action.

Overall, I like the film. I guess after seeing "The Mummy Returns", I was expecting to see this major transformation of some type. Next film I guess.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Glad you liked it, John. Will we see a sequel , I wonder ?

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"