• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've GOT To Stay Away From BB

I did it again.

I just stopped by Best Buy to pick up the Lord Of The Rings soundtrack and wound up walking out with 3 CD's and 3 DVD's. I need help! :

Picked up Near Dark - thanks for the tip George - it's a VERY well done SE package and Lance Henriksen is one of my favorite actors. I can't wait to see this one, even if it's on the little TV upstairs. Also got Resident Evil and Count Of Monte Cristo. Should be a fun viewing weekend.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Great, Tex. I also have Resident Evil. Story is so-so, but boy, that soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission. So far I just haven't been able to interest myself in Count Of Monte Cristo. Let us know what you think of it.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Too many film scores that I have thought would be fun to listen to apart from the movies they were written for have turned out to be major disappointments as arranged and played on their soundtrack CDs. However, the Oscar-winning soundtrack to Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings is a rewarding listening experience in its own right.

I bought it several months ago after hearing part of it played on National Public Radio as part of a "special" which included an interview with Howard Shore about how he went about composing it. Then I left it in my car's CD player and must have gone through it about a dozen times before something else distracted me. :>)

Now of course, I had heard it accompanying the film, and it was very effective doing what a movie score is supposed to do (accentuate what is going on in the film, rather than draw undue attention to itself). But given that too many other promising scores really didn't hold up on their own, I hadn't thought of buying it until I heard the radio program about it. I'm glad I did.

Burke

PS -- I don't have an opinion on any of the three DVDs that you bought, since I didn't see any of those movies in the theater and haven't watched the DVDs, either. I'll be interested in reading what your impressions of them are.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"