Want The SpiderMan DVD Free, Too? (sort of)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Want The SpiderMan DVD Free, Too? (sort of)

Electronics Boutique is offering the same trade-in deal on the SpiderMan DVD that they offered on Lord Of The Rings. Trade in two approved DVD's at one of their stores and you get SpiderMan for no charge once it's released in November. I'm heading to the closest one on Friday.
    :banana:
    (Original info on LOTR courtesy of Burke Strickland)

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hey everyone, only 8 days 'til Spidy's here!

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Thanks for the reminder -- I'm going to Electronics Boutique later today (Thursday) to trade in two older DVDs for the Spidey pre-order. (Wish they'd let me trade a couple more for the LOTR extended version. But what the hey, even one LOTR "free" wasn't too bad.) :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

And LackLuster video is doing their usual deal of 10 rentals and free copy of SPierman for one low price.

BB

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

Update: I called two Electronics Boutique locations to try to get advance word on which of my short stack of "trade in" DVDs they might take in trade for the Spiderman preorder.

The fellow at the Galleria location at first acted like I had just announced that he had more homework for one of his high school classes. He thought the trade required THREE discs, and wouldn't look up any titles in the computer. Next.

The girl at the Greenspoint location did acknowledge that the offer requires TWO previously-owned DVDs and was willing to check out some titles. But even though I spelled out a couple of them, there is no way to know if she entered them correctly. She claimed that neither "Terminator 2" nor "2001: A Space Odyssey" (both of which are duplicates in my collection) came up in the database. But she said I could bring them in to be scanned -- and if fhey still didm't show up in the database, they would give me the default credit ($5 each) and I could pay the difference between the credit and their store price.

Given all that, I have a feeling it might be cheaper and certainly a lot easier to just hit Best Buy and get their release week special price this time around.

Burke

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Burke,

I'm dealing with the EB at West Oaks Mall. They are pleasant, and have a clue. Give them a try.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Well, it wasn't free, but I picked it up for 14.99 today at BB. Also picked up Beauty and the Beast. Why? That movie holds a special place in my heart, it and Little Mermaid were my Daughter's favorite movies at age 6-8 I think.

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                • Sep 2001

While the Electronics Boutique deal on LOTR turned out to be a really great way to get it, and the Spidey thing would have been too, if I had been able to get in to an EB location nearby where they had a clue, and had found two movies they would accept for an even trade. I ended up passing on the deal.

Electronics Boutique has the Spiderman DVD priced at $21.99 or $23.80 with tax minus $10 credit ($5 each) for the two movies they claimed were not in the data base = $14.80 out of pocket and a lot of hassle (having to go to the store twice -- once to make the "deal" and then again to get the movie) compared to $14.99 at Best Buy or $16.23 with tax, which means, as presented by them over the phone, the EB "deal" would have been $1.43 actual "savings" for trading in 2 DVDs.

I still haven't decided for sure whether to buy it at all at this point... I really enjoyed the movie at the theater, but I have really cut back on DVD purchases this year, and the extended version of LOTR comes out in less than 2 weeks, and it ranks #1 on my list of "must have" DVDs...

Burke

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Cruised in to EB first thing Saturday morning and was out in 2 minutes with Spidey. Popped it in the 36" and the kids and I sat down for some fun. Looked good to me on the small screen, even though some people have reported a less-than-stellar image on larger systems. Whew, Kirsten Dunst is something else! 8O

EB didn't have any info on their next trade-in promo. I'll post any info when I get it.

David - HTGuide flunky
                  Our "Theater"
                  Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"