X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Texas Rangers

A western...by genre but, I never got the feeling that is what I am watching. It seemed to"fluffy".

This story is told from the forming of the "Rangers" aspect. While it tries to build backgrounds of the key individuals, it never really gets you in tuned with them. Most of what you see has been done before (story wise). And the acting isn't much better.

I did however enjoy some of the cinematography. Also, I found myself laughing a few times (even at things that were not meant to be). A lot of shoot'em up action, not much else though. normally I don't use the stars but in this case I'll make an exception... :2:

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

John, I hope that's not "out of 10".

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Did it have T and A? lol.

Tell us it at least had something worthwhile. :LOL:

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Having seen photos of the real Rangers, I can tell you what it does have is actors that are MUCH better looking than those original lawmen! Some of those ol' gunfighters were downright scary looking.
        8O

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

David,

I didn't mind renting this for one simple reason, the cost out of pocket was minimum being, it was through netflix. This (as all films) has a scene or moment if you will, that you say: "That was pretty cool!". However, they did not put enough of them together, to make an entire movie.

The only tough looking "Ranger" was ( I can't recall the actor's name) the guy that play the T-2000 in "T2" . Whom was also, later, one of "Skully's" partners in the "X-files". He did okay, with his limited part.

Lex,

Uh....sorry! No T & A or sex on camera. :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

I rented this awhile back. I love westerns and keep hoping for something new that's worthwhile, Texas Rangers wasn't one of them. I have to pretty much agree with John's assessment, but I'd go one less and give it one star.

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"