X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Queen of the Damned

Do you like vampires? Then get ready for some great vampire action.

One of the oldest vampires (Lastat), has grown tired of hiding from humans and begans to betray the vampire code of silence. He is fed up with being alone and desires massive attention. In doing so he decides to join a band and becomes the bands focal point lead singer. Sounds corny...a little but you know what, it works! And before you know it, you are pulling for "Lastat" to survive the inevitable attacks from his blood sucking brothers. And of course the "Queen of the Damned" (Aaliyah) has plans of her own!

The FX in this film is top notch. And completes an excellent twist on the story of the infamous blood suckers. The transfer was also quite good. With good shadow detail in the many dark scenes.

I liked this film. Which was a suprise because, the trailer does it no justice. I only wanted to see it for, it was Aaliyah's final film.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Doggone it, John. Even though it's Aaliyah's last film, I'd written this one off based on the trailer and some bad reviews. Now that someone I trust has seen it and said it's worthwhile I'm gonna have to try it out. You and George have me going to BestBuy WAY to much. :B

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Thanks David! :T

I have the same problem with the entire forum. I think my HT sound pretty good. Then, I'll read how great this or that is that someone else has and....well, you know the rest! :LOL:

I rented QOTD but, I am going to buy it. YMMV, but it is worth owning to me. Enjoy!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Well you sure have me interested in Queen Of The Damned, John.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Rented It (finally)

Couldn't finish it I was so dissapointed. Absolutely nothing compared to Interview with the Vampire.

IMHO, it was a waste of my $1 rental fee.

ZERO out of :5:
          ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Wow, a thread from the past. Well I did rent it some time ago ( 2002) and pretty much agree with Nicholas.
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"