X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Re: Resident Evil.................

Some time back, reviews were given about this movie that weren't so good. Compared to the book, I must agree it didn't do justice. However, I did rent a copy of this movie and was somewhat pleased with the audio transfer. Not many movies out there do a great job working those rear surrounds, this one does! Actually a darn fine job. I have not heard my rear sorrounds work for such a long time throughout an entire film without any adjustments. Also my subs add an asthma attack from all the Harassment 8O

If you can see beyond the story compared to the book I think the ride is worth the buy. I have!

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
    CLIVE

• Eduardo
    Moderator emeritus
    • Jun 2002

I rented this move this past week and it was a good movie. Granted I never read the book but I did play the games. I thought they did a good job. A lot of the sets in the movie matches the games.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I've never read the book or played the video games, and have been on the fence about buying this one. I liked Blade, Blade II, Final Fantasy, Spider-Man, Spawn, etc. Is this title comparable?

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

I bought it but haven't watched it yet, but I have heard good things about the picture and sound .

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by David Meek
          I've never read the book or played the video games, and have been on the fence about buying this one. I liked Blade, Blade II, Final Fantasy, Spider-Man, Spawn, etc. Is this title comparable?
          Yes in it's own way David. Maybe rent it first, make sure there are no under age kids (other kids) around and crank it. It doesn't give you DTS option but you will be amazed at the Dolby digital recordings. SFX is great too.

At least these two words should get you going : - MILLA JOVOVICH :yeah:
          Introduces herself the same bare way she did in 5th Element.

Now whatcha gonna do?

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• Eduardo
            Moderator emeritus
            • Jun 2002

I couldn't of said it any better Clive.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Okay, I'm sold! Oooh, Milla. . . ;x(

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                Former Moderator
                • Jan 2002

There you go! My work here is done :amen:

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Man, I had to watch it with no surround what so ever. I guess I missed a lot. :LOL: I thought the tv's speakers were cheating me!!!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                    Former Moderator
                    • Jan 2002

Why was that?

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• John Holmes
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

We purchased a new house almost two months ago. Since I now have a dedicated room, we decided to get a widescreen tv for it, thus moving the 32" to our bedroom. Well, as irony would have it, I can't seem to make a choice on the model that I want. I figured just move the JVC once and forget it since it so heavy.

All the audio is setup and ready to go in the dedicated room. But, I have yet to setup the audio in the bedroom because, I'm waiting for my wife to decide on new furniture so everything gels as it should. As it stands, the tv, dvd player and cable box is all I have shelve space for.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Better hurry and get that widescreen tv, John.

My Homepage!
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Adz
                          • Jan 2004

I just posted this on another thread in this section of the Forum but thought I dig this old thread up to repeat it in case someone was interested:

In terms of the story itself, Resident Evil (DTS Superbit) is a very exciting movie from beginning to end. But and I'm sure most know, that is one of the most intense surround sound movies I have ever listened to. And I've tried to seek them all out. I''ll go so far as to easily put it up there with the top 5 movies on my list and is one of the better if not best Superbit sonic presentations there is. From beginning to end, there is unbelieveable aggressive use of the surrounds and the LFE effects do not quit -- similar to Daredevil DTS -- in just simple dialogue the background contains the rumbling foreboding effects that you feel and not necessarily hear (I can't wait until my dual 18" inch subs are completed - this will be my first movie I put in for sure). Even if you are running your speakers as large - watch out but its worth it !! I switched to small and noticed a more than noticeable drop off in all around sonic intensity. I think that's it for now!
                          Adz

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"