X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex Prosak
    • Jan 2003

1070 or 1075 with 1055?

Hi all, I'm hoping to joing Club Rotel in the near future but I'm trying to figure out which way to go. Please consider that going with Rotel will exceed my original estimate to my wife by about $1k which will be a big deal. Also, 7 channels of amplification is a must. What I'm trying to figure out is whether I should go with the 1055 receiver and a 1070 to power the mains or if I should try to convince my wife to let me spend another $300 and get a 1075. If I go with a 1075, can I configure the receivers interal amp to power the two rear speakers? If this isn't feasible, I guess that would answer my question too. I already have a 2CH system upstairs so the use of the system will probably be around 95% HT/5% music. I'm not interested in multi-channel music. For primarily HT use, will I notice a big difference in sound between the 1055 and 1075 amps? If it is worth it, I'll consider making sacrifices or putting myself in the doghouse for a while.

FWIW, I intend to get Rocket Package #2 with a pair of 150's for the surround back channel and a SVS 20-39 PC+ for speakers.

I'm considering a Denon DVD-1600 as my source, any thoughts on this? I'm choosing it primarily for the good deinterlacing chip and the memory buffer to reduce layer changes. Layer changes drive me nuts.

Thanks,

Alex
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"