X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Star Wars: Episode II DVD

Well it's official, November 12, 2002 is the release date.

Here's what the two-disc DVD set - available in both Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1) and Fullscreen editions - will feature:
    • - Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)
      - Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.
      - Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt
      - "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
      - "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II
      Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"
      - Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story
      - All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
      - The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams
      Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots
      - Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos
      - An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic
      - HoloNet News website
      - DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Paul, you da' bomb!
    Nobody has it listed for pre-order yet! Auggggggh! ;h

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I understand this one is better than TPM. Hope so. But I'll buy anyway. I have to own the set. Right, Tex ?

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
        I understand this one is better than TPM. Hope so. But I'll buy anyway. I have to own the set. Right, Tex ?
        Night and day difference. The Phenomenol Mistake ("Ep I") doesn't deserve to be called a "Star Wars" movie. Attack Of The Clones (Ep II) does. Far better in every way, including story, acting, continuity, production values and special effects (Jar Jar was back in EP II for a few minutes and even that wasn't too annoying -- played like a character rather than a comic strip buffoon.) :>) . November 12, 2002 is going to be a BIG DVD day.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mr. Strickland
          The Phenomenol Mistake ("Ep I")

Ha ha ha ha ! ! ! But true.

Originally posted by George - where's my copy of Friday the 13th - Part 73?
          I have to own the set. Right, Tex ?

Absodamnlutely!

Seriously though, ATOC was a much better film than the first one - even though the first one did have a few good moments, like Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Mauls' duel.

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001

David -

Preorder begins 8/14.

BB

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"