X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Speed - The 5 Star Collection

Hang on to your hats boys 'n girls, this new release of Speed is a heck of a ride!

I've had the original release of Speed since 1999, and thought from the beginning that it deserved better than a non-anamorphic, DD 2.0 presentation. : Well folks, we've got one now! I was at Best Buy on Saturday and found that Fox has given us another issue under their "5 Star Collection" and it has a drop-dead georgeous enhanced display at 2.35:1 with your choice of a DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 soundtrack. I listened to the DTS version (of course) and was - pardon the pun - blown away by the quality and quantity of sound.

I could babble on about the detail that is visible now, and the broad, subtle, well-balanced color palette. I could keep going about the tiny details in the surround channels that you can hear now. I could , but I won't. It's simple: If you are a fan of this film, you owe it to yourself to pick up this "5 Star Collection" copy even if you already have one of the original pressings. The improvement in the soundtrack alone is worth it - and if you also have a display that is anamorphic capable and larger than say, 25 inches, the improvement in the picture is stunning.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Okay, I'm confused. I went to update my database on DVDTracker and every web-site I've looked up has this DVD being released on July 30th. Huh? Did my retailer slip up?
    :yeah:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, Tex, the locals here say it isn't out until the 30th. But this is the one I've been waiting for to replace my laserdisc. I swore not to buy the dvd until it was available in anamorphic.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Pat
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

David, I am planning to upgrade my copy of Speed too, but I will have to wait until tomorrow

Pat's Page
        Pat's Page

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"