X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Crimson Rivers

It's been many months since I'd first seen this movie and in that time, I'd forgotten how much I like this film. I pulled it out tonight and got re-acquianted. It's a nice, dark, eerie tale with Jean Reno (Leon, Godzilla, Ronin et al) as a French police commissioner on the trail of a serial killer in a remote university town. The camerawork is first rate with beautiful backdrops and beautifully composed shots. The directing has a definite non-Hollywood feel to it which I really enjoy. Filmed in France - what scenery! - you have a choice of French w/English subtitles or a dubbed English language track. Jean Reno does his own English in the dubbed version which gives it an authentic feel (even though the dubbed tracks don't match the subtitles).

Be warned. This movie is not for kids or the squeamish. There is a moderate amount of actual violence by today's Hollywood standards, but there are several lingering, gruesome scenes of corpses - in exquisite detail! Eeeesh! 8O

If you are a Jean Reno fan like me, or in the mood for something a little different from the normal fare, or like a dark police who-done-it, be sure to watch The Crimson Rivers. I think you'll like it.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I agree with your assessment, David. I watched this one several weeks ago and truly enjoyed it.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Thanks for the tip guys! I'll add this to my "need to see list".

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"