X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Final Countdown - A WARNING!

Five months and ten days after ordering this DVD from Pacific Family Entertainment, it showed up on my doorstep this Friday. I was pumped! An anamorphic image and DD soundtrack of a favorite old "guilty pleasure" movie. Well folks:

Don't touch this one! Run away!
    The quality absolutely SUCKS!
    :uhoh:

All right, that's off my chest. Talk about disappointed. No anamorphic display. Very poor image, period - soft to the point of being fuzzy. Very little surround speaker activity at all. The dialog is understandable (oh boy). I had a VHS copy at one time that was much preferable to the image on this DVD. Part of me knew that this was a possibility when dealing with a small production company, but I wanted it to be what they said it was going to be. Oh well, after all, it is only a movie.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Robbie
    • Aug 2000

David

That's to bad, This was one of my eventual purchases as I really enjoyed this movie. I guess I'll have to change my plans for this one.

Robbie

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I was going to pre-order this but for some reason didn't. Boy am I glad. I was talking to someone else who has a copy and he mirrored David's remarks.
      That really sucks. Will we ever see a decent transfer of this terrific film ?

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"