• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Here's A Feel Good Movie

THE MAJESTIC

I am not a big Jim Carrey fan, though he always made me laugh with his skits on IN LIVING COLOR, but when he tackles drama, he is a much better actor than you'd expect.

In The Majestic, Carrey plays a Hollywood screenplay writer who finds himself on a blacklist just when he was becoming successful. After losing it all, he gets drunk, smashes his car and loses his memory. He finds himself in a small town where his is mistaken for a local hero son who was MIA. What happens after that has to be seen to be enjoyed and I won't ruin it by comenting here.

If anyone remembers the Capra films , you will immediately think of him when watching The Majestic. And when you watch Jim Carry's conservative, low key performance, you immediately think of Jimmy Stewart.

This is an excellent family film that shows an good story can be told without curse words. Highly recvommended to those who want to feel good. :45:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"