I will join your club this week and i have Question !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skullmurdoc
    • Jan 2003

I will join your club this week and i have Question !!

Hello,

Im proud to say that this week I will be the owner of a brand new
    Rotel RSP-1066/ Rotel RMB-1075 . I have also been looking to change my Speaker. I have decided to go with Paradigm Reference but I dont know wich one. I really like the 100, but I have a small room 14x11x8. Here is my question.

What in your opinion would be the best for my current room.
    - Paradigm Référence Studio 100
    - Paradigm Référence Studio ADP
    - Paradigm Référence Studio CC
    Or
    - Paradigm Référence Studio 60
    - Paradigm PW2200
    - Paradigm Référence Studio ADP
    - Paradigm Référence Studio CC

I would prefer the 100 but IF I take the 100 will it sound great in my room or just sound like a big boom box worth 2000.
    Also if you have any comment feel free.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'd go with the 60s and the PW2200 sub over the 100's...esp in that room

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
      • Feb 2002

I have 4 Studio 40's and a Studio CC hooked up to my RMB1075. Since you want a sub with the 60's, why not consider the 40's, unless you want floorstanders. My processor crosses them over at 80Hz to my Hsu subs.

Comment

• GreggM
        • Dec 2002

Skull,

Buy the electronics and as part of the deal make the dealer loan you the 60's and 100's to see which you like better in your environment.

Gregg

Comment

• skullmurdoc
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Daryl Furkalo
          Since you want a sub with the 60's, why not consider the 40's, unless you want floorstanders. My processor crosses them over at 80Hz to my Hsu subs.
          Is there a reason why I sould consider the 40 over the 60 ? Of course I like better floorstander, but if there is a good reason (Except money) that I should take the 40 then ill go check it out.

Also Andrew Pratt.
          Wouldn't I loose some sound quality over the 100 if I take the 60.

Tnx for your reply

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
            • Feb 2002

Skull,

If you want good bass down to 20Hz, you will want to go with a good quality subwoofer. The 100's really won't get the job down on deep movie soundtracks, but for 2 channel music, they will be very good, less bass information in general. The 40's with the Premier stands will be almost as much as the 60's, so you won't save that much $$. I chose 40's because I had a good sub already, and was going to cross my mains at 80Hz, so the 60's were not an option for me anyway. Which is more important to you, 2 channel, or home theatre performance?

Comment

• skullmurdoc
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Daryl Furkalo
              Which is more important to you, 2 channel, or home theatre performance?
              I would say that im about 65% Music 35% home theatre. So I want a speaker that can perform by imself. Right now I think im leaning for the 60.

Thx for your info by the way.

Fred

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"