X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

The Wedding Planner - a review

Jennifer Lopez plays Mary Fiore, wedding planner extrodinare. She's aiming to become partner in a wedding planner company she works for and will become partner once she lands the big account. The wedding to end all weddings, the Donolly account. Things go well as she meets Fran Donolly, the bride to be, and her parents. She's basically going to be given carte blanche to create the wedding of Fran's dreams, plus to impress a lot of mover and shakers in the business world.

Only the groom is missing from the wedding interview, no matter as it's always the brides that handle the detials. Enter Matthew McConauhey, he basically saves Mary from certain death, and as circumstance would have it, he's the groom of the bid wedding. Now the only problem is, he's fallen for Mary, and vice versa.

And so the comedic element of this romatic comedy begins. I was quite surprised with Lopez's performance. She would honestly give Meg Ryan a run for her money in that kind of role. She plays the part well, giving a great performance. The highlight scene for me was the little discussion during a dance lesson, between Lopez and McConauhey. They are dancing to a tango, but going through dialoge at a furious pace. This is no small feat, and with a couple of cool moves placed at opportune times, a great performance.

Included on the DVD is a commentary, deleted scenes, a fluff making of featurette and a little more interesting cowboy meets dancer piece.

The deleted scenes just flush out some of the character and bit pices, and they also include a commentary as well, as to why they were cut. I like that feature. The making of featurette is really one of the worst I've seen. The other featurette had a bit more meat. One thing I noticed was they apparently shot a big choreographed dance scene in the park, that was obviously cut. I would liked to have seen that included.

Overall I'd say this would make a great date movie. It is well worth the purchase, especially since I got this as a previously viewed title.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Try the 14.99 rack at Walmart, that's what this one is now...

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Yes, this was a very good movie. Much better than I expected.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"