X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Jack is back !

Jack The Ripper, that is... in FROM HELL. Stars Johnny Depp as the Inspector who solves the identity of Jack The Ripper, and Heather Thomas who plays an intended Ripper victim. This is another take on the identity of The Ripper, and based on some known actuall facts, it is certainly plausible that there was indeed a Royalty connection to the Ripper murders. True or not, I just sat back and enjoyed it all. There are some gory scenes, but not as much as you'd expect. Most of the scenes are darkly lit, so you better have your black level set properly. The sound is DD or DTS, take your pick. Therer seemed to be more low end in the DTS track when I tested certain scenes later in DD, but the difference is very minor.
    The plot moves slowly at times, but there is pretty good acting, especially from Ian Holm, along with Depp and Heather. BTW, she doesn't look all that glamourous here, but what the hey.
    A good rental, and for some a good keeper.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I thought it was Heather Graham that was the co star in this movie?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Correct, Andrew. But either Heather could have played the part quite well.
      Gotta start re-reading my posts... age is catching up to me.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"