X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick Sun
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Amores Perros - a review

You can tell it's the Dog Days of summer for me, as I venture into the rental stores looking for movies to rent these days.

I rented "Amores Perros" based on seeing Gael García Bernal in "Y Tu Mama Tambien" recently (he played Julio IIRC), and I was not disappointed in AP at all. (I didn't even read up any reviews for this film until after I saw the film). Bernal is simply riveting, when he's on the screen, you can't take your eyes off of him, definitely a gifted young natural actor with a bright future.

The tragic ironies that love inflicts on its 3 main stories was well paced and thought out. I can't believe this was a "first film effort" by the director, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, it was pretty amazing storytelling.

If you're needing something different than the average hollywood flick to watch, give "Amores Perros" a chance, I think you'll be glad you did.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
    PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Sounds interesting, Patrick. I'll keep an eye open for it.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"