X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pj
    • Dec 2001

Harry Potter!!

I just saw this movie with the whole family the other night and it was a great movie to watch with the kids!
    Both my kids say it was the best film they have ever seen (Chris 7 & Julia 4)

I was a bit worried that my 4 year old would be scared but it turned out to go real well!

So you guys with kids get this one and prepare for a good family show (152 min)

The transfer (R2) was very good with crisp pic and a great DD track!

The thing i hear all the time now is "daddy i want to see Harry Potter again"

PJ

PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia
    PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

I understand that the second disc is hard to use. It has a lot of stuff but you need to play games to get to the item of interest.

Comment

• Pj
      • Dec 2001

I have not played the second disc yet. I guess i must have a go on that one to see how it works.

PJ

PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia
      PJ's DVDs @ DVD Profiler

PJs HT@Telia

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

We get the R1 release on tuesday! Should be a lot of fun to watch it again

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

I picked up my copy. Never saw it in the theater so it'll be a first time for me.

Note that Potter is a dual release; separate P&S and widescreen versions. Be sure to check yours when buying/renting to make sure you got the right version! The widescreen version says so on the front, but the P&S has nothing on the front (you have to look at the back) to determine that it's the P&S version, other than the lack of the Widescreen banner.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
          My HT Site

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Harry Potter is one of the most famous wizzards of his time. That's pretty tough billing when you're only 13 years old. Harry starts out his life stuck in the world of muggles, that's wizard speak for us humans with no magical powers. He's living with his aunt, and she give new meaning to wicked stepmother. Luckily he's going off to wizard school, and off starts his adventure into magic. He meets his various friends and gets into his various adventures.

I liked this movie, funny thing was I tried to see it twice in the theaters, but was always missing it for one reason or another, I was getting worried that I must be destined to not see this movie. Well, I'm glad I was able to finally catch this most excellent movie. I was afraid that the names and characters would be tough, but it wasn't. I was able to follow the story, the characters and the adventure quite readily. I would highly recommend this title.

The picture was quite excellent, well on my 27" TV. What impressed me the most was the active use of the surrounds, and the good use of LFE. The Troll footsteps were very convincing. This is one area where I wish the commercial theaters would get their act together.

The extra's are all concentrated on the second disk, and yes it is quite the chore to access the deleted scenes. I'll see if I can post a link to some helps. Another way would be to directly access the scenes.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

We finally got a chance to watch Harry on the HT system, and Paul, the picture is still stunning on a 58" 16:9 set. The quality and story line have all been covered so I'll just add that this is not only an excellent movie, it's a great transfer audio- and video-wise. Thanks Warner Brothers!

I give it :45: out of :5:

One note: at the BestBuy where I purchased this DVD, there were three different displays set up, all with 75% widescreen copies. Hehe, some stores get it! :T

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I picked it up monday. I'll crack it open this weekend. Never saw it at the theater.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Brandon B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jun 2001

Interestingly, WB decided to release this without macrovision protection. There is a news story at

Science news and long reads from expert journalists, covering developments in science, technology, health and the environment on the website and the magazine.

Talks about it being experimental to see if it affects sales (saves them 5 cents a copy).

Macrovision is evidently bent about it, and is insisting that if a release has versions with and without their protection, the protected ones must bear a macrovision logo, so the public doesn't get the idea that their product doesn't work.

A rare reverse of a stupid industry trend.

BB

Comment

• John Holmes
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Okay, finally made time to watch Harry.

Am I the only one that feels this was much better than Lord of the Rings?

This is a fun ride from begining to end. And the CGI is top notch! And the transfer is spectacular.

This will now become my demo disc :!:

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"