X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

HEADS UP!!!BAD TRANSFERS ETC.

Let's used this thread as a WARNING, if you have any discs with CRAPPY transfers, BAD audio...or what ever, give us all a "HEADS UP", sloppy DVD transfers should not be supported!!!

A little warning to all who plan to purchase the "new" Nightmare Before Christmas S.E. and, "From Dusk til Dawn S.E."...BOTH transfers are the original DVD transfers! they HAVE NOT been up dated, and are not enhanced. This is just more of Buena Vista's BS. (Di$ney)
    You know that in another 3 years they're going to release the "new" enhanced transfers, hell one site is reporting that FD2D already has a enhanced transfer done, they just didn't use it.
    Well I bought the Dusk Til Dawn disc, but I'm taking it back, it was widely advertised as enhanced, and at this stage of the game there's no reason for S.E.'s not to have the very best picture possible. In my book this is a defect and should be treated as such.
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

With respect to Dusk till Dawn, I recall that Alliance Canada did an enhanced version for Canada and it also included the commentary as well. But this version was canned by BV. I don't recall the timing I think this happened either late last year or early this year. So by the sound of it, the set that has just come out is just the old trasfer with the commentary tacked on.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Well, I own the original version of this film on DVD, and all I can say is, this is one strange DVD. I haven't watched it but once. Honestly scared the piss out of me, lol.

Lex

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

Another very bad transfer!!! Artisan's "the Eagle has Landed". Nasty transfer with alot of artifacts and dirt...You have been warned!

Comment

• Lexman
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2000

Perhaps we should petition Washington to require warning labels for all DVDs! Something like this:

Warning, this DVD and the contents thereof, may not be suitable for the HT Enthusiast. Use at your own risk. May contain artifacts, digital mistakes, and other inexcusable nuances.

Comment

• KennyG
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2000

Artifacts due to age are something we have to live with, if you enjoy older movies. Some artifacts can be cleaned up easily, others might be to expensive.
            However a dirty transfer, one that hasn't even had a good cleaning should not be sold to anyone...HT enthusiast or not. With HDTV on the horizion, everyone in on this lastest home video evolution deserves the best picture possible, that means clean, enhanced transfers. I really don't want my library of DVD's to be obsolete as soon as HDTV comes into full swing.
            In fact now that I'm up on the soapbox, Straw dogs was a very nasty transfer also! One that got returned...Happy hunting

Comment

• Lexman
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2000

How do you return open DVDs oh wise one?

And man, tough crowd I thought that warning label was funny stuff! lol.

Lex

Comment

• KennyG
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2000

Lex, I have one store that I do about 85% of my DVD shopping at. I know everyone by name, and sometimes I'll just sit in the store and talk awhile, so I consider them film friends vs store personal. Anyway since I probably average 10 titles a month at their store, I have been told I can return any title I want, at anytime, no question ask...no reciept even needed!
                Needless to say, I return about one a month, sometimes it's because of crappy transfers, sometimes I take a chance and buy something I've never seen, then realize I'll never watch it again, and I return it. Other times I'll return the original transfer when the S.E. comes out! (Army of Darkness, Evil Dead II, Legends of the Fall, Etc) "Lost World" goes back Tues!

Comment

• Lexman
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jun 2000

What, they already announced a Lost World SE? Is it DTS?

Cool deal on your trade policy. Try that at Best Buy, rofl. I did have a decent deal like that at one store, but they are just to high on their DVDs. Heck, I could throw one out of 5 away at their prices buying discount, and stll be ahead.

Lex

Comment

• KennyG
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Sep 2000

No-No-No, no Lost world S.E. I just don't like the movie, I picked them both up together, and after watching it last night, I realized it was as bad as I remembered, and I'd never watch it again.
                    Both JP and Lost World are already available in DTS versions! (that's what I have)

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"