X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Roger Waters: In The Flesh- Live

2 hours, 50 minutes of a awesome concert. I didn't think that I would ever like multichannel music but, can't wait to see and hear this concert again. I rented it and will be buying it today, and I'm not even a Waters fan.
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

Bob, is it Pink Floydish? I'm a big Pink fan! I can't help but believe it would be but without David Gilmour and some of the others I'd just wonder.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Color me Pink too. How "Floyd-ey" is it Bob?

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

Pink Floyd without Waters is like Big Brother without Joplin. Waters always was what made Pink Floyd unique, the other members of the band can be replaced with great session musicians.
        If the DVD came out with a audio CD version I would probably rank it right up with the best of the Pink Floyd albums. I have now watched it three times and, like I said, I was never a huge Pink fan. Saw a few of their concerts and always came away satisfied but, only recently began to understand Roger Waters contributions to the band and he has grown on me.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
          • Jan 2002

Hmmmm! I'm really a big proponent of David Gilmour. He has some great stand-a-lone work himself. It's very pinkish. Or should I say what I know pinkish to be.

While Waters was before Gilmour, he was the bassist, sharing in the vocals, very involved in the music I'm aware. But I surely don't know where the band would be without Gilmour, Mason, and Wright. Obviously it probably wouldn't have made it as far as it did. Personally Gilmour replacing Syd was what made the band for me. I believe he had a lot to do with the change in their style of music. I'm not crazy about the really early stuff. I'm about Dark Side forward. The first 5 years were kinda blah to me.

Personally I've not been impressed with any of Waters individual works. It, in my opinion, does not replicate Pink Floyd works as well as Pink Floyd with or without Waters or even Gilmours individual works. But that's just my opinion. It may just be his voice that I'm not happy with. His voice seems to have aged while Gilmour's maybe hasn't.

Of course I've never seen Pink Floyd in concert with Waters. I saw them in 94 on the Division Bell tour. It was truly awesome to say the least. And Delicate Sound of Thunder is one of my favorite LD's.

And I know that Dark Side of the Moon would probably not have been what it was without Waters. It is definitely one of my all time favorite CD's. I own it and The Wall on MFSL as well as The Wall on DVD.

I think I'm willing to give this new Waters venture a try....maybe it will change my mind about his work. Who knows? I'll still have to think about it though. I listened to a few of the samples off the album and I'm just not sure I would enjoy it. Mixed emotions no doubt! :? :? :?

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"