X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

It was hard to stay awake...

... while watching THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE, but it's a COEN Brothers film so I had to have it. It really is an interesting, though quirky story. It's just that Billy Bob Thornton plays his character so well ( the guy is laid back... I mean really laid back) that at times you think he is going to fall asleep along with you. But getting through it is worth it. I won't say much about it, except that it has some similarities to one of their early films-- Blood Simple. Even if you are not a Coen Brothers fan, give it a rental at least... and drink lots of coffee beforehand. :4:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Okay, I'll add this one to my rental list.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

John, and anyone else tuning in... please do not adjust your set. There is nothing wrong with your TV. This film is BLACK & WHITE, oh, but what black and white it is. Absolutely amazing in its detail. Hope your tv is calibrated for a good b&w picture,though.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"