X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

Tron has a new life.

Watched Tron last night and since there don’t seem to be a review… here it goes.

I had the VHS version for many years and have enjoyed it very much. While watching the tape however, I always felt that the film seemed dated. I got the tape because at Disneyland when the people mover was still there you would past into a circle vision theater showing the motorcycle game from Tron. It was great, you were in the film traveling the grid. So I always felt a little disappointed with the tape. Well this DVD changes all of that. The DD 5.1 sound track is wonderful and the picture is sharp. I can’t believe what a difference between the tape and DVD there is. It is a new movie and if you are a fan of Tron I can highly recommend it. Even if you are not a fan rent the DVD and see how a wide screen and surround sound can change an old film.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Markj, you hit the nail on this one!

I too, have been a fan of this movie since seeing it on the big screen. However, I rented the VHS version and was very disappointed. Then when it hit dvd, I almost purchased it when it was going oop. But I knew it to was flawed. When I found out that it was going to be re-released with all the trimmings, I jumped on it as soon as it hit the streets.

This is a fun movie and an excellent remaster to DVD.

PS: I've been meaning to do a review and forgot, good job!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Markj
      • Aug 2000

Thanks John.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Yeah, I never did like the vhs transfer, but the dvd reminded me of how it was when I saw it at the theater-- fabulous.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"