X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken McDaniel
    • Aug 2000

Where the Heart Is

I know what you're saying, "Ken, what are you doing watching a chick flick?"

Well, I'm going to challenge you to get this movie. I just ordered it to add it to the permanent collection. Not only did I like it, but I scored major points with the wife in doing so.

Natelie Portman is fabulous. She has most sincere delivery I've seen since Terms of Endearment. Ashley Judd provides a tremendous performance in a supporting role. One this I tire of is big Hollywood types spinning there heels trying to play redneck roles. This cast shines at it. Portman has especially become one of my favorite actresses.

For a chic flick, this movie delivers a very good DVD. The pic is beautifully presented with little artifacts or flaws. It presents a very natural color that looks good on any TV. The audio is the best I've heard in this genre. There are a few scence that make FULL use of a 5.1 system. The friends we had over were impressed with the disc.

Yes, it's a chick flick. Yes, I liked it. It is worth owning. So few movies of this genre are worth adding to our HTs. This is the one in mine.

Ken
    Ken
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

I don't know what happened to my earlier post...but since I screwed up alittle, I need all the kiss-up points I can get, so I'll be renting this one for the weekend!
    Thanks Ken, you probably just helped my sex life!!!

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Ken, what the hell are you doing watching a chick flick???
      Just kiddin', very good call, I enjoyed this from beginning to end, it's alittle sappy in a couple spots...and, us "true men" will roll our eyes, but more often than not it's dark and humorous, and at times will pull on the tear glands.
      Easily worth a second viewing in a couple months.
      Man, is Ashley Judd built or what!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Good to know this is a good DVD its on the top of my wifes must see list...and she gets to pick the next one we rent

Comment

• KennyG
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2000

Andrew, have no fear, I'd bet money your going to like it as much or more than her!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"