X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Super Speedway- WOW

There was an earlier post that mentioned Super Speedway but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I mentioned in the post that I was unable to find a copy locally. Well a recent trip to the big city ( 2 hrs away ) was worth the drive. I snapped up the new widsecreen version and got around to playing it last night. Like I said, WOW. Hey, I almost got carsick on some of those turns. The whole thing literally took my breath away. And the music ( especially Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's stylistic guitar) was a treat for the ears. I don't know what difference there is from the widescreen and the original full screen ( did they shave anything off the top and bottom ?) but this version had some bonus scene that were worth the price of the disc alone. Good thing the wife was out, the DTS soundtrack made the walls shake and the cat's hair stand on end. In fact, the cat, who usually curls up on one of the chairs in the HT, flew upstairs once the film got going.
    Man, this is the best racing film I have ever watched.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Hey George, glad you liked the movie. It'll really test your speakers and sub.

Here's the link to the original thread

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to move this over to the DVD section.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Thanks, Paul. I thought I posted it here in the first place. I must have had a Senior's moment.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Glad to hear you enjoyed it George! It is an awesome disc.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Uncle Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

George, I have been looking for this DVD and finally found it at a Future Shop in Cambridge Ontario 1.5 hrs away from T.O. It listed for C$36.99 is this about what you paid? It is the Mack2 edition.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
          CLIVE

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Hi, CH.
            Yeah, that price is exactly what I paid for mine at Future Shop in Halifax, which is about 2 hours from where I live. It's the widescreen edition with the DTS track included. They had the original SS at the same price as the newer edition.
            Anyhow, what did you think of Super Speedway. I was projecting it on my 8 foot wide screen and WOW, like I said, I was leanin' with the turns.

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• P-Dub
              Office Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Ohh, I'm hoping to borrow the projector from work for next weekend. I'll be sure to bring this along. It'll be like watching it the first time in IMAX. Heh, I better provide some barf bags for the gang. :twisted:
              Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                Former Moderator
                • Jan 2002

I'll be picking up my copy this Sunday when I go back to cambridge this weekend. I've heard so much rave on this one......that I'm now very eager to get it whatever the cost. I just needed to know if I was spending way too much!

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• P-Dub
                  Office Moderator
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Uncle Clive
                  I'll be picking up my copy this Sunday when I go back to cambridge this weekend. I've heard so much rave on this one......that I'm now very eager to get it whatever the cost. I just needed to know if I was spending way too much!
                  I don't think you'll be sorry. I paid close to $30 for the first version. This is one title that rarely gets discounted. I'm still tempted to buy the second, even though I don't have DTS nor a 16:9 capable set, yet.
                  Paul

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"