X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Miss Congeniality

Sandra Bollock plays FBI agent Gracie Hart who is tasked to stop a terrorist threat on the Miss United States Beauty Pagent. However, there's one problem, Gracie is in name only as she has little grace and is more a "Dirty Harriet." Enter Victor Melling, played by Michael Caine, he is/was one of the top pagent consultants in the business and take on the challenge of transforming Gracie Hart into Gracie Lou Freebush 'Miss New Jersy'

There is quite the all star cast, Benajmin Brat as Agent Eric Matthews who get's the envious task of wrestling and convincing Sandra Bollock to take the undercover roll. Candice Bergen as Katy Morningside, owner of the Miss United States Beauty Pagent. I half expected her to fire her secretary. William Shatner as Stan Fields, the MC of the event, and I believe co-owner as well. He's got some great one liners.

This is a puff piece and for what it is, it works great for me. I've seen this at least 3 times already and have actually picked up a few other details on repeated watchings. "She has a degree in nuclear fission and a minor in elemantary particles."

The dvd contains 2 commentairies, one by Sandra Bollock and co-screenwriter Marc Lawrence and one bey director Donald Petrie; 2 behind the scense documentaires and a theatrical trailer. Widescreen anamorphic in a snapper case.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Ahh yes Sandra Bulluck, you either love and appreciate her rather weird sense of humor and style at times, or you find her totally annoying. Well, I fell for her in Speed myself, and have always enjoyed most of her light hearted flicks. There's a simple little love story she plays in that is entertaining as well. Can't think of the name of it now, but she saves a guy from a train as he's mugged and gets knocked onto the track. Practical Magic, not really my thing, but was ok once or twice.

I enjoyed Miss Congeniality, even though at times a few characters were rather unappealing to me. Overall, a funny watch at least once type film.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Lex
      There's a simple little love story she plays in that is entertaining as well. Can't think of the name of it now, but she saves a guy from a train as he's mugged and gets knocked onto the track.

That was While You Were Sleeping. It's on the Essentials list

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Lex
        There's a simple little love story she plays in that is entertaining as well. Can't think of the name of it now, but she saves a guy from a train as he's mugged and gets knocked onto the track.
        That was While You were Sleeping I liked that movie as well.
        Paul

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

This is a puff piece and for what it is, it works great for me.
          good job this isn't a British forum 8O

I picked this up at blockbuster in their previously viewed section for next to nothing and we both enjoyed it. You're right its a light romantic movie that gets a few laughs...besides its got Sandra in some nice outfits

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Pretty hard not to like Sandra. She's the girl next door with that naughty twinkle in her eye. One of those gals that say,"date me and you'll have a good time."

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"