X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Not for the masses

That's The Last Castle. No it's not for the masses( the reason why it wasn't a blockbuster) it's for those of us who appreciate a well written story with a beginning, a middle, and end, and top notch drama with acting that makes you believe that all this is possible.
    This is a story about leadership, imagined and real. Gandolfini imagines himself a leader, but the Redford charcater is the true leader, evn though he made a terrible decision that put him in military prison and in conflict with James Gandolfini, the warden/commander of this prison.
    Though there is plenty of action in the denoument, this is basically a character driven film, and the point and counterpoint between the Gandolfini and Redford characters will keep you glued to your seat.
    Redford, as usual , makes acting look so easy and natural ( like Gary Cooper did) but everyone from Gandolfini to a lot of the unknowns, did a magnificent acting job in this film. And when you view the making of documentary, you get the feeling that everyone connected would have gladly paid, instead of getting paid, for the privlege of working with Robert Redford.
    This is a film I will enjoy watching again and again. It's a Dreamworks film so the picture is great, and so is the audio, especially the DTS track. You owe it to yourself to see this film. But be forwarned, this is not a film your sweetie will like.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I really want to see this one.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Off to Best Buy at lunch . . . . George, you are SO bad for me!

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"