X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

12 Monkeys

Staring Bruce Willis and Brad Pit, it's a story about time travel. Bruce's character travels to the past to obtain information about a virus and the Army of the 12 Monkeys to help the future survive the catastrophy that occurs in 1997. In what I would call a great pefromance by both Bruce and Brad, this is more a psychological thriller than action.

What I liked about the movie is that it raises the question that the past is set and one can not do anything to change it, but the future can be changed, or can it? I caught several bits of new information while I watched this movie again, plus it raised a few intersting new questions as well.

The presentation was quite crisp on my system. Video was great, but with only a 27" monitor, pretty much everything looks great. I was also impressed with the sound mix as well, it's not overly active, but very present. And in a classic Joey6P move, if there ever was one, I noticed I was only on ProLogic as the end credits started to roll. It turns out my DVD player was set on PCM, instead of bitstream. I honestly thought the sound was excellent, and now I'm wondering how it would sound if I had it on Dolby Digital. I guess I was so engaged in the movie that it didn't matter.

The dvd was one of Universal's first collecter's editions. It includes quite a bit of bonus materials, a commentary as well as documentary on the production of the movie. I have not had a chance to go through the bonus material.

This was a pretty good buy for me, as it was one of the 2 packs that Universal offered last year, it came bundled with The Jakal. If you can find any of these, I think it's well worth the purchase as the retail of this one was quite expensive in the past.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Chip
    • Aug 2001

Think i just may pick this up... thanks Paul.

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
    Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I bought this some time ago. It looks pretty good even on an 8 foot picture.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

This is a good movie. While it doesn't excel in any given area, it has a good balance of story and acting.

Being a native of Philadelphia, it was great seeing the old John Wanamaker building made into a an old decade set. Pretty accurately too!

I own this dvd and always enjoy blowing the dust off of it. Brad Pitt (as usual) does a good job with his role.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Yeah, Brad was really off the wall in this one.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Well, it is a strange movie. While some aspects of it are a little slow, overall, a decent flick. Maybe one of Bruce Willis's most versatile roles. Been a while since I have watched it, might dust it off myself soon.

Mostly, I bought it because it was DTS, when there were FEW DTS flicks to buy.

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"