• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhillipC
    • Jan 2003

1066 won't turn on after upgrade

• PhillipC
    • Jan 2003

HELP!!! I just tried to upgrade the firmware on my 1066 from V1.37 to V1.45. I wasn't successful since I didn't even see the screens that was in the Rotel PDF. Now when I try to turn it on, it won't even come on! I have followed the pinout diagram supplied by Rotel and even tested the connections with a multimeter. However when I go into hyperterminal, I don't get any response on the screen. What am I doing wrong? Is it suppossed to be a powered serial port? I have used hyperterminal before to program access points before with no problem. Can someone please help me???

Comment

• JohnSC
      • Jun 2002

Phillip,

I had he same problem. If you do not get the correct hyperterminal screens then you can count on there being something wrong with the pins. I found I had mine reversed. When I got them the right way around the upgrade worked and the 1066 was back. I am confident that if you correct the cable it will work.

John

Comment

• jaakan
        • Dec 2002

Your setting in hyperterminal match those in Rotels's PDF?

RSP 1066 Properties menu, Connect to tab
        -19200 Bits per second
        -8 Data bits
        -None Parity
        -1 Stop bit
        -None Flow control

RSP 1066 Properties menu, Settings tab,
        -Emulation to VT100
        ASCII setup
        -Append line feeds
        -Wrap lines

You put both dip switches on the back of the RSP 1066 in the Update/write/program/debug mode? ( both switches should both be switched the same way, not just one switch one way and one the other)

after that you did this (not in any other order)
        1.connected PC to RSP 1066
        2.start hyperterminal with the RSP 1066 settings
        3.hit the power button on the RSP 1066

Are you sure you did all that?

Comment

• PhillipC
          • Jan 2003

Quick update...I can communicate with hyperterminal now. However all I get is garbage on the screen when I turn the 1066 on

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

sounds like your pins aren't set right. Tripple chekc them against the PDF file...I made my first cable so it is possible for anyone to do it

Comment

• PhillipC
              • Jan 2003

Just wondering, does it have anything to do with the serial port. My serial ports are male.

Comment

• PhillipC
                • Jan 2003

Andrew, You stated in your upgrade that pins 4 & 6 are to be twisted together. If I look at the Rotel document, it shows 3 & 5 to be connected together. Can you clarify the pin outs please?

Comment

• jaakan
                  • Dec 2002

female and male S-ports should be wired the same. All made in the last 20 some years should be.

Comment

• PhillipC
                    • Jan 2003

Okay guys, finally got the update to go...Whew! It was a problem with the cable. If you look at the pinouts on the Rotel website, it shows that pins 3 & 5 should be together. Finally read Andrews cable design where he says that 4 & 6 should be together. Tried that and the upgarde worked flawlessly. Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!

P.S. Does this upgrade improve the sound quality of 2 channel music?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

No problem glad my instructions were helpful. Yes there is a sound improvement with the firmware upgrades...at least I think so.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"