X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Evolution

This movie was a real surprise. I expected to laugh a little but, was suprised to find myself laughing quite often, and extremely hard at times.

While the story was reaching (I mean, really reaching in a lot of spots), it was very entertaining. I never felt it was meant to be anything more, than a good chance to let your hair down and enjoy disbelief.

The DVD is easily reference quality. Both video and audio are superb.

I even thought the actors had great chemistry between them. Which gave the on screen action, the proper balance through out the film.

Worth a look IMO!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

John,
    I did a review on this a few weeks ago, I believe I titled it Alienbusters. This is the guy who brought us Ghostbusters and there were similiarities in Evolution. You know, group of ordinary guys(and gals) taking on the big evil ghost( aliens) thing. Thing is, you could see everyone was having a fun time making this film, and Duchovny doing comedy is a blast. Then take a beautiful dramatic actress (Julianne Moore) and make her a klutz scientist , stir in a heaping spoonful of Orlando Jones and you can't help but laugh. Note also that the director, Ivan Reitman, also brought in one of his Ghostbusters alumni (Dan Aykroyd) and cast him as the Governor of Arizona.
    I really enjoyed this movie and have watched it twice so far.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

George, I truly apologize! I thought that I saw a thread for this movie before, but could not put my finger on where it was. They say the mind is the first thing to go!!! :B

I am glad you also enjoyed this one. It is deserving of cult status imo. And you are correct, it is a new gen Ghostbusters. I'm going to add this to my collection.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"