X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Anniversary Party

This is a film by Jennifer Jason Leigh and Alan Cuming. Are these two married or what ?
    It all takes place in the Cuming/Leigh character's home during their 6th anniversary. It's pretty slow and unfolds like a stage play, but there is some excellent acting here, and it's probably a fairly accurate picture of what a Hollywood type partyy is all about -- estacy pills and all. Along with Cuming and Leigh, there's Kevin Kline, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Beals. Phoebe Cates, etc.
    If you like stage plays, or character driven dramas, you'll probably like this film, but others will probably find it just a tad boring.
    Basically it deals with the conflict between Cuming and his wife Leigh. He is an author, has sold his filmrights and is going to cast and direct the film. He choose another (younger) actress (Paltrow) to play the lead female . His wife, an actress, felt she should get the role because she and everyone else felt the character in Cuming's book was based on his wife. This problem surfaces just after Cuming and Leigh are taking a second run at their very delicate marriage.
    It's a New Line film, so you get a pretty good transfer. The sound is pretty much front stage, except for the background party music.

I rented this one. I liked it, but wouldn't want to sit through it again.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"