X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Rush Hour 2

We join our dynamic duo in Hong Kong for this sequal to the hit, what else but Rush Hour. James Carter, played by Chris Tucker, is on vacation and trying his best to get some mu shu. Our straight faced Inspecter Lee, Jackie Chan, is doing his best, but is working a case. Well it doesn't take long to get into the action, which is why we like this kind of movie. Lee is investigating the deaths of two US consolate members and the link points to Rick Yan, played by John Lone.

If you liked Rush Hour, you'll like the sequal. It works as a nice cop buddy picture, with the signature Chan stunts. Some of the best bits are also when the credits run, we see how not all stunts are successful on the first try. I'm sure we'll be seeing another sequal in the not too distant future.

On the DVD itself, this is one of New Line's Infini Film titles, and it gets a nice keepcase, as opposed to a snapper. Now when you have the two movies side by side, it looks kind of odd. The video transfer looks great on my 27" set. There's quite a bit of night shots and blacks are nicely produced.

The dvd is full of extra's and I've only really had a chance to get through the commentary with director Brett Ratner and writer Jeff Nathanson. The two have great memories of shotting the movie and continue talking throughout. Another feature is where there's some kind of text that is supposed to pop up and give you some interesting information about a scene. I wish I had looked closely at this feature as I would have activated it before starting the commentary.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I really enjoyed the first one so, I am really looking forward to seeing this sequel. I also like the chemistry between these two actors.

It's also nice to hear that it has a keepsake vs. snapper.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

I got this one for Christmas, and though at times I thought it was a bit over done, in the end I liked it just as well as the first.

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Well, here it is a month later and I'm just getting around to seeing this film.

This imo, is a very good film. It even surpasses the first! To me, a lot of the comedy in the first movie was funny but, more corny funny. This one made me laugh hard out loud many times over.

The transfer is nothing short of stunning. As Paul put it, the blacks are deep and the color seems dead on. Fleash tones are very, very accurate.

It's sad that I waited so long to see this one.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I was going to pass on this one, but now John has me interested.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"