X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ocean's Eleven circa 1963

This is the first chance I had to revisit this old film in widescreen since I saw it theatrically back in '63. The picture quality is superb and the soundtrack is okay, considering its age.This is probably a film for older folk like me, who were really into Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis in both their music and acting. Frank doesn't sing a note in OE, but Dean and Sammy do a couple and that was nice.The plot is a little farfetched, and the acting is just these guys being themselves.They were filming during the day, and performing (Las Vegas) during the night, so I don't know when they got any sleep, and if they were tired, it sure didn't show.And if you know anything about Sinatra's film making, he was a "one take" actor, and it shows during this film. But, hey, it was all just done for fun.And even if the plot and acting are wanting, with this cast, who cares. Just do as I did. Kick off your shoes, lean back in the La-Z-Boy and let these pros entertain you.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I said that I wanted to see the original before seeing the remake. Wanted to know where the new one was trying to go in comparison. Sounds from your review that I won't be bored.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"