X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Hey!...Erin Brockovich

Just watched this tonight...This is a very good movie. I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this!
    Julia Roberts is very good in this role...AND she is pure eye candy throughout. Even my wife stayed up til 12:30 to finish this one, THAT my friends is a first. I think Erin reminded her alot of a close friend of hers
    Elbert Finney is also wonderful in this movie.
    The thing I found very appealing about this character was her flaws, and she's got a bad one, but it's not without reason.
    One other thing, there's about 30 minutes of deleted scenes!!! Done right, just one right after the other, in sequence with just a couple black screens seperating each one. This movie would make a GREAT S.E., with many of the scenes put back in! Although I've little unsure of the health issue side plot...it could be to much.
    The transfer is flawless, the soundtrack is nothing special, it doesn't need to be, hell I think I was so engrossed in the movie as a whole that I never even noticed the soundtrack.
    Highly Recommended!!!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

I never...ever, thought I'd be saying this!
    Many of Roberts movies I find to "fluffy".

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Well, like most folks, I am in love with Julia, from her first line, to her last smile. There's something about that girl. She showed us a good bit of that in Erin B. Although, she seemed a bit more well endowed than I recall from Pretty Lady. Remember the panning screen, showing Julia's um, you know in Pretty lady? I just don't think she is built quite as well as she is portrayed in Erin B.

Anyway, I am very forgiving for the rest of the movie for Julia, as long as Julia is good, I forgive most other elements. What can I say, she is one of my favorites.

Anyway, I was engrossed in this film from the get go, and found it to be great role play by Julia.

Lex

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

I read alittle interview with her, and she said that the reason she was "bustin' out" in Erin B was because of the type bra's she was wearing, nothing more.
        I'm not really a breast man, but it times, it was hard to keep my eyes on her face ...modern technology really is amazing :B

Comment

• Lexman
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2000

Ahhh, the ole cross your heart and stick em in your face bra? :B

Forgive me ladies, I couldn't resist.

Lex

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I happen to enjoy most of julia's movies mainly because I expect a certian type of movie when she's in it and she usually doesn't dissapoint. Erin B however isn't your typical role for roberts but IMO she out did herself (and no not just those) with this one a great performance by all actors involved and a great story.

Comment

• Greg Stone
              • Aug 2000

Finally got around to watching this tonight with my wife, we both enjoyed it (I think I liked it more though!) Good story, great acting, awesome eye candy!

Greg's DVD's

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"