X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut

This is one great movie and great dvd. The story is of a budding rock journalist as he follows a band on tour. That tour basically changes his life.

The DVD contains the theatrical edition as well as the extended edition. I watched the theatrical version first and was amazed at how great the movie was paced and flowed. Kate Hudson did an amazing job playing Penny Lane. The extended version add some 30 minutes to the original movie. For me some of the added scenes worked well.

I'm glad I held out for this edition.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I enjoyed this one (original) as well. Pretty cool film.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Im one of the oddballs who wasn't crazy about this film, but I watched it just the same.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chip
        • Aug 2001

I really enjoyed Almost Famous.. picked up the bootleg version yesterday along with Jeepers Creepers,The Score and The Fast And The Furious.

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
        Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Chip,
          Have you played Jeepers Creepers yet? Some people are having trouble with this disc in their players.
          George

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Chip
            • Aug 2001

George,

Sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. I had zero problems with Jeepers Creepers. I've had the Sony S9000ES player for over a year and can only remember one title freezing, can't remember the name of the movie either? The one with Sam Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones? I attributed this major freeze to the disc being rented but, i'm not really sure. I bought a RP-91 yesterday, should have it next week. There back ordered at J&R. Seems like a decent player especially for $425.00.

- Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
            Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

No problem,Chip. I found out for myself. I mentioned in a post on this film that I ran into a couple of freeze ups at the start on my Sony 7700, but they unlocked themselves and played fine for the duration of the film.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"