X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

It's Fast and it sure is Furious...

The action is fast and the sound is furious, but don't look for good acting or a story. The only exception is Vin Deisel, who has a commanding presence whenever he's on screen.This guy needs a new agent. He deserves better material than this.
    Now for all you people who were into drag racing in your youth, or who loved playing with and customizing your Hot Rods, you'll really appreciate the racing portions of this film.As for the sound, don't be afraid to crank up the receiver or amp because this soundtrack ain't for sissies. It's worth a watch for picture and sound if nothing else.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I have to agree. I really enjoyed the movie. Your surrounds will really get a workout.

The story is about a gang of hot rodders hijacking semi's and an undercover cop is sent to uncover which gang is responsible.

Lots of souped up cars with cool sounding engine noises, some great stunts and a pounding soundtrack. The music is not what I'm into, but I think that's the nature of the rodding scene.

It's the better of the car movies from last year.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

If it puts the system through it's paces and has Muscle Cars, count me in!

I also enjoyed Vin's work in Pitch Black and was hoping he did well in this.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Chip
        • Aug 2001

I just picked this dvd up yesterday.... I used to drive a 69 Chevelle SS 396. 450 rag'n ponies under the hood. 4:10 12 bolt posi, 400 turbo w/TransGo shift kit. 14 coats of acrylic laquer...God i miss that car.

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
        Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

I hear it's mostly modded rice burners, but I can't wait to torture my system with it, in DTS no less! I picked up a copy yesterday. Gives the SVS a reason to exist anyway.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
          My HT Site

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Well, I enjoyed the movie. Sure, it's pretty lame acting at times, but this is about auto action, and it's got it's share. Wow, the muscle car with the blower on it, was awesome. Not revealing the make here.

My daughter wanted this movie bad. She went to Walmart and picked it up on release day. She loves the opening car.

We watched it together the following Saturday.

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Lex,
              I hope you turned up the volume. I tried it at reference and now I am deaf. Just kidding.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Bing Fung
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2000

"More than you can afford PAL.... F-E-R-R-A-R-I"

I quite liked this show, even with it's sort of standard script. It did keep me guessin in the end about Dom (Vin).

I really love the NOS fest scene, and could feel the excitment with in myself as I watched it. I watched that scene again a week later only to feel the full excitement yet again.

Personally I like his Green Eclipse more than the Supra.

Vin was excellent, I seem to like him as an actor for some reason, Pitch Black was one, however the one I really like him in was the Boiler Room.

The Music Video extras are excellent as well, I really like that "Click Click Boom" by saliva.

Bing
                Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Finally got a chance to see this one. What a rush! It was a simple film but boy was it fun!!! And as George stated, the transfer and sound was top notch. Demo film for sure.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

After hearing some of the comments about this film, I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Finally saw it and WOW! It turned out to be some fast, furious eye candy! That '69 Charger left me drooling! What an awesome car. Although, the side-shots of the wheelie were pretty cheesy.

Recommended for some serious popcorn fun! Great video quality and DTS soundtrack. Crank this one up.

I've liked Vin Diesel since his role as Private Caparzo in Saving Private Ryan.

David - HTGuide flunky
                    Our "Theater"
                    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chip
                      • Aug 2001

My new girlfriend's daughter's boyfriend (Scooby, lol) is totally into this type of car andd racing... He owns a freak'n 12 second Neon! Full NOS rig. Street legal to boot, lol..

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
                      Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"