X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Chasing Amy

This movie recieved great reviews (atleast at the Netflixs site) so I gave it a shot. All I can say is...strange.

I like off beat films. This one did not work for me. They story tried to make comedy, of a serious and very difficult postion, that many people on this earth face. None of the characters (except Jay & Silent Bob) really deliver the goods.

This one is not worth a rental imo.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ahhh, you're a life saver,John. I was going to rent this one later this week.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I was shocked that I didn't like it. I enjoyed Kevin Smith's work in Dogma so....I was wrong.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

I was also looking to buy this as well. I think I'll still try and rent it sometime down the road.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Patrick Sun
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

I think the 2nd act of the film is the strongest part of this film. I think it's emotionally very honest.

I'd rank it in the top 2 of Kevin Smith films.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
          PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Humm, if it's on Criterion = strange :W

This is one of those titles I always pick up at the rental shop, but then set back down.

Bing
            Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

"Humm, if it's on Criterion = strange"

Another thing that shocked me. The video was not Criterion status. Maybe it was intentional.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"