X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Alienbusters

EVOLUTION is Ivan Reitman's latest flick on dvd. He brought us National Lampoon's Animal House, Stripes,Meatballs and Ghostbusters.And Evolution is basically Ghostbusters with Aliens. But it is funny and well worth a watch.
    Evolution concerns a meterorite that crashes to earth. It carries a crude lifeform that soon evolves from worm-like creatures to monsters and caveman-like aliens.
    It stars David Duchovny, who is right at home amongst these aliens, plus a very funny Orlando Jones and a lovely Julianne Moore hamming it up as a klutzy scientist. Dan Ackroyd has a small role as an Arizona Governor. Everyone seems to be having a great time making this movie.The monsters are hilarious at times, and really something to behold. They're created by Phil Tippett and crew, the people behind those great Jurassic Park Dinosaurs.
    This is a Dreamworks disc so the picture is great and you have a choice between DD 5.1 and DTS. I went for the DTS and my Denon told me it was 6.1 EX, so there is lots of action in the rear channels.
    This is not nearly as good as Ghostbusters, but I still liked it and will enjoy watching it again sometime in the near future. If you're looking for some lighthearted fun with some scary monsters thrown in, rent or buy EVOLUTION.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Ah yes, just watched this one last night. There were some funny bits throughout the movie and I'd give it a thumbs up. Nice surround action and bass as well. A very well put together disc by Dreamworks.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"