X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

A Real Nail Biter

THE SCORE, starring two heavyweights,Marlon Brando(literally) and Robert Deniro, plus lightweight Edward Norton. It's about a thief (Deniro) who wants to go straight for the sake of his own peace and his love life with Angela Basset, but is convinced by Brando to do one more job worth millions. It means Deniro, against his better judgement, must team up with Edward Norton, the insider who will make the heist easier. But nothing goes as planned and things get sticky.

This is a victimless crime so it's easy to like and find yourself pulling for Deniro's character.Because of this there are many tense scenes that will cause you to bite your nails.

The film is well written, well acted and well directed. The dialogue is natural and crisp. There is not a wasted minute in this taut thriller, and whenever Brando and Deniro were on screen together I found myself mesmerized by their natural acting abilities.And Norton manages to hold his own with these two screen giants.

The picture is excellent and the sound isd average with nothing to really test your system. But the jazz club scenes and the music are really great. The sound seemed low on my copy and I had to up the volume a few notches higher than usual.But whatever you do, watch the end credits or you'll miss the lovely voice of Diana Krall.

I rented this, but now I want to own it. See it. You won't regret it.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I was on the fence about renting this one. But you have inspired me to add it to my Netflix queue. Who knows, I might even receive it by the end of January!!! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"