X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

War is hell...

But there isn't a helluva lot of war in Pearl Harbour. It is a story of two friends and the woiman they both love, told against the backdrop of the second world war, before the US got involved, and after (Pearl Harbour).

The movie drags a bit at 3 hours. And the war action all told probably doesn't take up an hour in total. Still the attack on Pear Harbour, though CGI loaded, is indeed awesome.

Nothing special in the acting department, except for John Voigt's potrayal as President Roosevelt, though the makeup department overdid his jaw in an efort to make Voigt resemble the late President.

Everything aside, I really enjoyed this film. The picture and sound really rock.It's worth owning for these two things alone.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Have yet to see it, but figured it was worth owning for the points you brought out.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"