X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I picked these up today...

Pearl Harbour (2 disc set);American Outlaws;Ghosts of Mars and Silent Rage.If any are worth commenting on, I'll post once I have had a chance to view them.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've only seen Ghost of Mars. I'll keep my view to myself until you've had time to view it.

I'm looking forward to your review.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Well,John, I'm not expecting a great deal with Ghosts Of Mars as it flopped at the boxoffice, and critics were not kind. But even at his worse, I tend to enjoy Carpenter's work.Just the same,though, I'd be interested in seeing what you think of it. It's being trashed quite a bit at some other sites.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Well George, I'm a fan of Carpenter's work myself. "The Thing" is still one of my all time favorites.

GOM, was a film that I wanted to like. Not only was it Carpenter's work, it featured several actors that I enjoy to boot.

I saw it on the big screen at a theater which ran the sound pretty low. But, the movie left me saying...what? I still to this day have no idea how this film was put together. I mean, okay it's sci-fi so, disbelief has been accounted for. But, too many things in this film just made no sense.

It did however have good FX and it is a Carpenter film which has Pam Grier (though i didn't like her character) so, I'm sure I'll buy it. Maybe I will enjoy it more at home. I hope John does better in the future.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

After what I've been reading, your summation is probably quite correct.I'll let you know what I think after I watch it this Tuesday night if all goes well.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Finally watched it. Like John, I wanted to like this movie but I'm afraid it just didn't cut it for me. Since I bought it, perhaps I will feel differently with a second viewing sometime.

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Sorry my friend!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

No problem,John. Like I said, maybe a second viewing would help. But I'll have to be in the mood, I'm afraid.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"