Watched an older war movie last night...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Watched an older war movie last night...

It was THE YOUNG LIONS. released in 1958, it is based on a novel by Irwin Shaw. It was a bestseller in its time, and the film was hot at the boxoffice. It stars a young Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, and Dean Martin. It is more about character development and doesn't have a lot of actual war action scenes. Brando is a Nazi soldier and Clift and Martin are American soldiers. Each has their own particular story.

At just under 3 hours, it is a little tedious at times. If it were made today, it would probably be cut to two hours.Anyway, if you like a good story with war in the background, and if you want to see three of yesteryear's greats strut their stuff, you will like this film.
    Note,though it is 2.35 anamorphic, it is in black and white, but a stunning blkack and white nonetheless.
    It is definitely worth a rental, or a purchase if you are a fan, like me, of the three actors and the author.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"