How the Grinch stoleChristmas/ my money.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

How the Grinch stoleChristmas/ my money.

This is an OK film. I am not a Jim Carrey fan and get tried of his humor. The DTS sound track was good and all of the dialog was clear. My 9 year old like this movie and I suppose we will be watching next year too. My main reason for not giving this movie a better rating is because of the crude humor. Two seines come to mind. The dog butt kissing by the sleeping mayor and the Grinch falling into the Who boob. These were not in the spirit of Dr Seuss and added nothing to the movie. I wish Hollywood would clear up their act when it comes to children movies. There is no need for this. Ok I am done ranting. The overall movie was OK and worth a rent. If you are a Jim Carrey fan then that could push it to a buy.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I never could get my head around Dr. Seuss.I won't be renting or buying this baby.Now if I had small children I would probably think differently, but would have been angry like you at any crudeness.This is, after all, a children's flick.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I too wanted to like this film more. It just didn't pull it off to me. When Jim plays a comedic character, they all have the same personality to me. While he can be quite funny(at his best), he has shown me nothing becoming the character. The Grinch could just as well been Fire Marsall Bob and the movie wouldn't have change.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

We watched it last night too and like you guys it didn't do much for me. The girl that played Cindy was great but for a better term Jim Carey was Jim Carey

The worst part was that it was in P&S I'm going to have to complain to blockbuster and request a refund...I figure they chopped of 1/2 the picture so they owe me 1/2 my money back

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Right on,Andrew.You really have to watch Blockbuster.I check every title now after getting stung with a couple of P&S versions ofd films.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"