X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Planet Of The Apes...okay until...

First off, the transfer of this baby is downright eye-popping, and the sound will give your sub a workout.The film starts off fine and I'm pretty much enjoying everything until the ending. I won't describe it for fear of spoiling it for others, but it was a real letdown.It seemed tacked on for shock value.I expected a lot better from Tim Burton.
    But don't let this stop you from watching this baby. It's a good popcorn flick.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

Thanks George, I have hread others say the same thing. I am thinking this will be a good rental.

Comment

• Wireless
      • Feb 2001

Although you may want to have a copy of this one just for the picture quality. The movie itself was mildly entertaining at best, but the quality of the transfer is reference caliber on my system.

John
      My HT Picts
      John
      My HT Picts

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Mine too,John. And even though I was disappointed in the Burton ending, I read a post in another ht site that this was closer to the author's ending in the novel.I never read the book so I can't comment.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

From what I recall, this ending is almost the same as the original, in the point that it makes anyway.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"